Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Anyone ID this horn?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just wondered if anyone can ID the horns in this listing. Just curious, 'cause I have a pair like 'em (actually they're 1" threaded);

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ALTEC-1-HF-COMPR...QQcmdZViewItem

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Schell's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really puzzled over that horn. It is made in two pieces, or at least from two outer mold pieces, like the 811. It has the flying buttresses to the driver flange reminiscent of the earlier Altec 800Hz. cast multicellulars. Not sure who made it, but it was nicely done.

    Bfish, you say that yours have a 1" threaded throat? I wonder what driver they would have taken? What color are yours? The one in the auction seems to have been repainted along with its driver. Do you have any pictures of yours?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Steve Schell:
    I really puzzled over that horn. It is made in two pieces, or at least from two outer mold pieces, like the 811. It has the flying buttresses to the driver flange reminiscent of the earlier Altec 800Hz. cast multicellulars. Not sure who made it, but it was nicely done.

    Bfish, you say that yours have a 1" threaded throat? I wonder what driver they would have taken? What color are yours? The one in the auction seems to have been repainted along with its driver. Do you have any pictures of yours?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hi, Steve,

    Mine are black with no other color underneath. I also think those on eBay had been painted to match the drivers. They are a 2 pc assy as you noted, and are even a little thicker casting than the 511/811. Welds ground smooth, and as you say, very nicely done, even though they ring like bells when rapped with my knuckles. I'm guessing a fairly narrow pattern and high cutoff. I've drilled my flanges to accept Altec drivers so I can test them (don't like the rough transition of adapter plates, a threaded 1" PVC insert and a little putty is much smoother).

    I don't have a picture hosting service, but I'll take a few and email them to you next week.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.